COLLECTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION FROM SITE USERS
"Personally identifiable information" is information that identifies you as an individual. Most of the personally identifiable information we collect is what you tell us about yourself.
Registration: We encourage you to register and to create a username and password. If you register on the Site, you are required to provide us with your contact information, such as your name and email address.
Contact Us / Customer Service: If you use the "Contact Us" link on the Site or contact customer service, we may collect information about you, including your name, telephone number and email address, to respond to your inquiry or comments.
RuMeID: If you register to use a product that includes the RuMeID, you will be given the opportunity to enter information about yourself that you want others to know if your RuMe product is lost, or in case of an emergency. You may choose to enter your contact information, such as your name, address and phone number. You may also choose to enter important health information about yourself that might be useful in an emergency, such as your blood type or medical condition. Any information you connect to your RuMeID, including any personal health information, is by design open to the public and is not private. If a third party scans your RuMeID or uses the URL that is linked to your RuMeID, they will be able to access your information that you have linked to your RuMeID. What you post can be seen, disclosed to or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we cannot control or predict, including to contact you for unauthorized purposes.
Automatic Information Collection: Each time you visit the Site, the web server may automatically collect certain types of information when you interact with the Site, e-mails and online advertising. Some examples of automatic information we may collect are as follows:
- We may record your internet service provider's address, your internet protocol or IP address, the web page from which you came, your web browser software, the type of handheld or mobile device used to link to the web page, and the language settings on your web browser;
- We may collect a record of your activity or your "clickstream" while visiting the Site;
- We may use "cookies" to recognize when you are shopping on the Site. A cookie is a small text file that a website or e-mail may save to your internet browser and store on your computer's hard drive for use in subsequent visits to the Site; and
- We may use web beacons or similar technologies which allow us to know if a particular web page was visited, an e-mail opened, or if the advertisements on the Site or other sites were effective.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use the personally identifiable information we collect to provide our services and features to you, to measure and improve those services and features, and to provide you with customer support. In addition, we use personally identifiable information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information, such as by sending you e-mail alerts.
- to send you our newsletter if you opt in to receiving it when you register on our Site.
- to personalize your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our products and services, identifying Site usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- for any other purpose specified at the point of collection.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Except for the following purposes, RuMe will not disclose or share personally identifiable information with any third party unless we have your consent:
- to our affiliates for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email and direct mail delivery services, auditing services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services.
- by you by using RuMeID products. Please note that any information you disclose in your RuMeID profile may become public information.
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Non-personally identifiable information is information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as browser information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information provided by you, and aggregate information. Because non-personally identifiable information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose it for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information (such as combining your name with your age). If we combine any non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information, the combined information will be treated by us as personally identifiable information as long as it is combined.
CHOICE / OPT-OUT
We provide you the opportunity to "opt-out" of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at . We offer an opportunity to opt-out of certain communications on our My Account pages, or you may contact us at (303) 799-4256 or RuMe, Inc, 7022 S. Revere Parkway, Suite 240, Centennial, CO 80112 to opt-out.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser's "help" file.
We set a persistent cookie to link your shopping cart to you. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but you will not be able to place or review orders on the Site. Please contact us at 303-799-4256 to place an order.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
ACCESS TO AND UPDATING PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
If your personally identifiable information changes, you may correct or update it by making the change on our My Account pages or by emailing our Customer Support at or by contacting us at (303) 799-4256 or RuMe, Inc., Privacy Department, 7022 S. Revere Parkway, Suite 240, Centennial, CO 80112. Upon your request, RuMe will provide you with a summary of any personally identifiable information retained by RuMe that has been voluntarily provided by you to the Site. Upon your request, RuMe will make good faith efforts to modify, correct, change, update or delete your personal information if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We will ask you to identify yourself and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical.
USER AGE REQUIREMENTS
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from visitors in this age group. Users between the ages of 13 and 18 may use the Site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
CHANGES IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.